As you are no doubt aware, the Government will determine the date on which Hair Salons can re-open and currently this has been set as 4 July 2020 (this is contingent on the ‘R’ number remaining below 1 in the period up to that date). With that in mind I have been putting plans into place to ensure a safe and healthy return to work for me and for you, my clients. There has been no formal guidance from the Government in this regard so, should that change, these guidelines may change too but I will update you in time for your visit.
In this initial period, can I ask that everyone requests a booking via email to email@example.com. Please give full detail of what you require so I can allocate the correct amount of time. Please also give a selection of dates and leave a contact number. This will help me with the process of getting all first appointments made as quickly as possible. Over time, you will be able to return to your preferred method of booking.
I will be spacing appointments to allow for social distancing (only one client per stylist at a time) and also to ensure disinfection and cleaning between clients. This will mean some changes for you as follows:
- There will be no waiting area so please arrive on time and alone and wait outside until the area is prepared.
- I will have to strictly adhere to appointment times. If you are late, you may not be seen but I will have to charge for the appointment.
- I will not be able to offer drinks or magazines.
CROSS INFECTION CONTROL:
- I will be wearing PPE including mask, cape and gloves where possible. These will be changed with each customer.
- I will not work if I feel unwell and I would ask that you do not visit the salon if you are unwell.
- If you have worn a mask and gloves on your journey to the salon, please remove before entry and use the handsanitiser and mask provided.
- I will be using disposable capes.
- I will be using the same towels as before which are single use followed by boil wash.
As you know, I am always reluctant to increase my prices and, aside from a small £2 increase for haircuts earlier this year, I have not had any increase for 5 or 6 years. However, as I am now severely restricted in the number of clients I can see per day, I have no option but to increase my prices in order for the business to remain viable. I hope that you will understand this and understand the necessity.
Due to the close contact nature of the Hair styling experience, I cannot guarantee that you are safe from contracting Covid 19. I will take all the appropriate precautions but the risk, though small, cannot be eliminated completely.
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA WHERE ALL FUTURE UPDATES WILL APPEAR